Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Quasimodo With Martin Landau

quasimodo05_68quasimodo05_69

Page 68 of Quasimodo's Monster Magazine #5 starts off part two of an article on Space: 1999. This part of the article reiterates the set-up of the sci-fi series.

quasimodo05_70quasimodo05_71

The first part of the article was a run-through of the first five episodes of the series. This part talks about the plots of episodes 6 through... well, the article is erratic about numbering them, but I'd imagine they pretty much run through the rest of the first season (which had yet to debut, apparently, on American TV).

quasimodo05_72quasimodo05_73

quasimodo05_74quasimodo05_75

I was never a fan of the series myself... I tried to give it a shot, I really liked the designs of the Eagle spacecraft... but I found too many episodes felt like rewrites of Star Trek episodes (in fact, I even decided to do my own Star Trek episode rewritten as Space: 1999 episode as a fan-fiction story to share with the ST club I belonged to at the time. I think I used the plot of the first Romulan episode in my rewrite... oddly enough, nobody seemed to pick up on it until I mentioned it). But I know there are fans of the show, and I wasn't going to skip this article because of my own tastes (heck, if I'd done that, I wouldn't have presented the Stepford Wives article last week!).

No comments:

Post a Comment